The Perch Pub



         Last night, Greg and I went on a much needed date in the city. We wandered the streets of Philadelphia looking for a new restaurant. On the corner of Broad and Locust, we discovered the Perch PubA gastro pub located on the second floor of Sotto Varalli, a Northern Italian restaurant. 
The Perch Pub offered a wide variety of beer and liquor, gourmet burgers, sandwiches, and delicious sides.
         We were given the best window seat. Our table for two overlooked the Avenue of the Arts, where we could gaze at the hustle and bustle of the city.
        The night started with drinks and French fries to split.  We were in no rush to eat dinner. I had my first Magners beer and Greg had a Gibson martini. We talked for a while and enjoyed the view.    
         For dinner, we had soup and burgers. The homemade mushroom soup was divine. It was heavy, creamy and flavorful. The portabella mushrooms and pecan-smoked bacon, layered between a toasted sesame seed bun made my burger one of the best I have ever had. By the time we were done eating, the restaurant was so full, I regrettably didn’t order coffee and dessert. Once we left the Perch Pub, we headed to Byblos. A hookah bar we had been to for Greg’s 25thbirthday.  This time we had no such luck getting a seat. The only availability was at the bar, which was already too crowded.  By this time, we were ready to head home.    
     
While stuck in city traffic, I saw Enzos  (I remember it as Shanks).  
A small eatery tucked under a parking garage.  
Greg and I hope to go eat here next weekend.  
Until then...   


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for an idea of where to go in the city. You were so right and our party had a great time!

    ReplyDelete